How much does a wedding in Umbria cost – The ultimate guide
Planning a wedding is a major commitment and if you do not rely on the right people it could become a nightmare.
On the web there are untruthful and completely misleading estimates on the average price of a wedding in Italy.
Instead, in this post I want to shed some light on the variables that affect your wedding budget.
First of all, to make an estimate of how much a wedding in Italy costs, we have to take into account the many factors that distort the budget: the number of guests, the location, the period and the day of the week, to name but a few.
In general, speaking of a complete wedding with few guests, on average you can spend from 25,000 euros and up.
A wedding with lower figures will most likely have some gaps or lack some important elements.
How much does it cost to organise a wedding in Italy: Number of guests
The number of guests has a big impact on the average price of a wedding in Italy.
Considering 50 guests, we could determine an outlay of around 25,000 to 30,000 euro, depending on the services you want to offer your guests.
To understand why these figures are so high, just think about the expense items that we more or less always have to consider.
Here are the classic expense wedding items that you need to consider in order to have a clear budget for your wedding:
– Wedding invitations
– Floral decorations (church decorations and bouquets)
– Rental cars
– Photographer and video maker
– Music and DJ set
The cake is also an important element and the importance of a wonderful make-up for the bride cannot be overlooked.
How much does it cost to organize a wedding in Italy: the location
A wedding venue is a key aspect of any self-respecting wedding.
Venue cachet is determined by many other factors including:
– The exclusivity of the location: if a location is only available for your event it will certainly have a higher price than a location shared with other weddings on the same date, but if you decide to have a wedding in an exclusive location the quality of the event will certainly be higher
– The type of event you want to organize; a full dinner and after-dinner party or just the dinner, without excluding the lunch option, which is an excellent solution in an impressive location, perhaps outdoors in fine weather. You can also add a party pizza the day before the wedding, the guests will be delighted.
– Antiquity (or historicity) and also the type of location: these are also very important variables in determining the cachet of a location for your wedding.
They range from rural locations to luxurious locations, from gardens set in enchanting villages to ancient villas. You can even choose a hamlet or a castle on your wedding in Umbria!
– Size and services offered: the size and services offered by the venue are also an important factor in determining the cost of the venue for your special day.
How much does it cost to organize a wedding in Italy: period and location
The region where you want to organize your wedding also influences the overall expenditure.
In central Italy there are on average lower prices than in southern Italy for example.
Organizing a wedding in Umbria on average costs slightly less than a wedding in neighbouring Tuscany.
The time of year you decide to organize your wedding in Italy is also a determining factor for the overall budget you will have to consider:
– High season: May to September
– Low season: October to March-April
In low season, on average you will be able to lower all the expense items a little, especially the location and also the catering.
The day of the week, and of course the number of days you want to have your event also have a big influence on the overall budget for organizing your wedding in Umbria.
Another interesting idea would be to delegate the guests to stay overnight directly at the venue.
Ceremonies held in the middle of the week will be lower in percentage terms than those fixed for the weekend.
To all these factors we must add the inflation that also affects our industry, which leads to a progressive increase in prices.
In any case, the best way to organize a wedding while trying to optimize expenditure items according to your needs is to entrust yourself to a professional wedding planner who can manage most of the variables to make your special day unique, an Italian wedding planner who can suggest the perfect exclusive locations, sumptuous floral arrangements, sumptuous bridal ateliers and much more. We at Umbria Weddings and Events have what you are looking for!
I am Fatima Palomares, your Umbria Wedding Planner, and I can’t wait to meet you and start planning with you: your exclusive Italian wedding is closer than you think!